Jan, that's a beautiful quote from Merton, whom I admire greatly.
Abp. Tutu said something similar in his appearance at the National Cathedral. In Africa, people have much more of the sense of living in the world in community with others, rather than as individuals, as we do here in the US.
I liked this a lot. Jan, yes the haiku button thinks to a haiku site so you can click on it where each week there is a prompt and you can submitt your own. I sometimes do.
5 comments:
Jan, that's a beautiful quote from Merton, whom I admire greatly.
Abp. Tutu said something similar in his appearance at the National Cathedral. In Africa, people have much more of the sense of living in the world in community with others, rather than as individuals, as we do here in the US.
Jan, I love your quotations and cartoons! they are a great gift!
I liked this a lot. Jan, yes the haiku button thinks to a haiku site so you can click on it where each week there is a prompt and you can submitt your own. I sometimes do.
Love this quote! Thanks
Somehow finding this quote was just what I needed. At times I can get into crazy thinking in a depressive vein, so I need to have this quote handy!
Thanks for you visiting, especially Serena, whom I've been missing. Of course, I'm glad Mimi, CR, and Yolanda came by, too!
Post a Comment