Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving Plans

We had thought that we'd be having our Thanksgiving "dinner" on Wednesday night, because we had to leave by noon on Thanksgiving to drive to Dallas, which takes about eight hours. This was because MJ's Express soccer team was scheduled to play in a soccer tournament there. This had been planned for months and months, until the coach quit and a few girls were too hurt to go. It finally ended up that only 10-11 girls could go, and that was stretching them thin in such a competitive setting. So the dedicated (and stressed) team mom agreed to cancel the team's participation. When my husband heard, he started shouting, "Yubba-dubba-doo!" MJ and I felt much the same.

 Join this family of cartoon characters as they sit in a field of wild flowers and celebrate their Thanksgiving Dinner. Music by Adam Sandler, The Thanksgiving Song. Have a great Thanksgiving, Darlene.


With two kids at home with us, there will be four human beings and four pets (three dogs and one cat) here for Thanksgiving. BJ will arrive for his favorite holiday in time to eat. (I am grateful that we don't have to say "Hello. Goodbye!" when he walks in the door on Thursday morning, since we don't have to drive to Dallas.)
is also means that at the end of the weekend, BJ will take Troy back to his home in Victoria. He's going to build a doghouse for Troy while he's home. MJ and I will miss Troy, but CB will not.


3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm glad you'll get to have a restful Thanksgiving!!!

Can you tell I'm on vacation? Have I ever made so many comments on your blog?

I had a very stressful IEP meeting today (it's a parent, teacher, school psychologist, speech therapist, principal, resource specialist (that's me)meeting). They don't have to be stressful, but this one was 2 and a half hours long and became contentious!

Anyway, it's over; I'm on vacation!!! "Yabba-dabba-doo!"

Nancy said...

Reading about your pet ratio made me realize that normally we're outnumbered by pets. 4 pets to 3 people. But for Thanksgiving, people will have the upper hand, 4 pets to 7 people.

zorra said...

We (me, husband, MIL, SIL)spent last Thanksgiving in Corpus at the Blucher House, one of my favorite places. How long ago that seems, and what a relaxing day we had, just roaming up and down the beach.

Another quiet Thanksgiving tomorrow, this one at home w/the folks listed above plus one dear friend. And only one dog!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Jan. We all have so much to be thankful for.