Friday, November 2, 2007

Zambia

http://www.wvi.org/wvi/africa_food_crisis/images/zambia.jpg I was so very surprised to visit The Mercy Blog and find a link to wonderful Geranium Farm, where Barbara Crafton has a remarkable sequence of poems based on the Beatitudes. These poems are beautiful and worthy to be read and re-read, but I also found her post about Zambia! As I mentioned in my post Plumpy'nut and Malnutrition in Africa, I was in Zambia for a month last year, so I am attracted to anything that is written about Zambia, especially in helping the people there.

Go to Barbara Crafton's meditation about Zambia Episcopal Relief and Development that has partnered with the Zambian Anglican Council and the M.A.C. AIDS Fund to create a pilot program aimed at helping pregnant women protect their unborn children from infection with HIV/AIDS through Preventing Mother To Child Transmission (PMTCT).

3 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Thanks for the link to B. Crafton's meditations. The whole website is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jan, for the link to the poems and the info on the Zambia AIDS project. Wonderful poems and wondeful work.

I would love to visit Africa. I have worked with refugees from Sudan and Mauritania--beautiful, beautiful people.

Fran said...

This is extraordinary- I need to spend some time with this site.

Thank you!