Here is a fine article about the Nigerian Anglican Church and homosexuality by Christopher L. Webber: "Causes and Effects." This is from The Episcopal Majority website. I hope you will go and read it.
Christopher L. Webber has written for The Episcopal Majority before. See "A Certain Madness," "The Conscience of a Conservative," and "1984 in the Episcopal Church" (which includes background information about the author). He is the author of Re-Inventing Marriage, as well as a new supplement to the last title, called Same Sex Marriage and the Bible (available from his website).
1 comment:
Jan, I agree with Webber's point that we should pay attention to the cultural contexts that those who disagree with us come from, but I don't know that I would give much weight to an aspect of the culture that oppresses a group within the culture. I don't quite get what Webber means to say.
Post a Comment