Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Cold November Day

I love this picture and have it saved on my computer. You may recognize it, because Barbara posted it on September 12, 2007 at Views From the Road.

It reminds me of November days when the trees are bare, though maybe not in Texas with the live oak trees. I know I'm influenced by Robert Redford saying this to Faye Dunaway about her black and white photographs in the 1975 movie "Three Days of the Condor."

Looking outside here in south Texas, even with the green leaves on the trees, I see a similar gray scene that makes me think of a cold November day, which it is. Oddly for here, it is drizzly with a cold wind and is about 50 degrees F. (Remember when I was complaining about 90 degrees?) I'm glad to have more seasonal weather. It brings back memories of when we lived in Rhode Island and New Jersey, and even way back when we lived in Oregon and Washington. It's soup-making and hot chocolate weather!

This is also the day when son BJ takes puppy Troy and the doghouse he built for him back to Victoria. We'll miss that pesky dog!

6 comments:

June Butler said...

It's coldish and drizzly here in south Louisiana, too.

emmapeelDallas said...

Oh, I like that picture very much, and I love these cold, grey days, too.

Barbara B. said...

cool! :)

Gannet Girl said...

Well, that's EXACTLY wha it looks like where I am. And I can't say I'm happy about it!

Annie said...

It looks so very much like the landscape outside my window night before last as we traveled through the encroaching dark to get my son's new puppy, south of Louisville Kentucky. I thought the hills looked like spines sticking up in the dark.

Jan said...

Guess we're all experiencing winter weather, even in the deep south.

Annie, I'd like to know more about this new puppy!