Our 4 year old dog Cisco likes to dig under the fence and escape. He has been teaching puppy Troy to dig with him. Cisco wriggled to freedom this way on Friday before MJ and I left on our little trip. This morning, I found him doing that again in the mud by the trashcans, after pushing aside the bricks that were put there to block the digging. CB got cement blocks to put there now.
On Google Images I found a picture of a black lab coming under a fence like ours. I chose it because we had a black lab for 11 years. Licorice was a sweet dog, who was put to sleep when she grew so paralyzed that she couldn't even get up anymore. She was BJ's eighth birthday present right after we'd moved back to TX from NJ. He was the only child not complaining about moving again, and so he got to pick out a puppy for his very own. We met a family in the empty parking lot of Joe Cotton's BBQ in Robstown, where little BJ picked out a puppy in the back of a Suburban--trying to decide between the blonde or black one. He finally chose the black one, who loved to chew (like Troy) and peel wallpaper off the walls. Cisco was given to husband CB last Christmas because of the loss of Licorice.

4 comments:
Animals are just the best...even when they dig.
Just got done donating rice and learned some new words.
You will most likely need to bury a wire fence or an electric collar.
PS, I'm glad you like the vocabulary game. I keep going back to it! Husband CB jokingly says it'll take an hour of time to equal a CUP, so he says HOW much does that really cost? Oh, well.
Wyld, you are probably right--I'll have to investigate the elctric collar. The neighbor behind us has something like that for his two labs. They stop on the driveway as if stopped by an invisible fence.
I have a digger, too, although as he's gotten older, he's slowed down. We did the chicken wire under the fence thing at our last house, and that helped.
Post a Comment