This morning our 11 year old blond cocker spaniel Baillie snapped at me when I touched some dark brown spots on her belly. I think that's the first time she ever has tried to bite anyone. So I took her to the vet, and poor Baillie has a staph infection on her nipples. Why, I don't know. So twice a day we have to hold her down to put antibiotic ointment on those sore spots.Cisco is finally getting tired of grandpuppy Troy biting him all over, including pulling on is ears, necks, and tail. Cisco is playing rougher now and throws Troy down on his back and jaws his throat. Even after that, Troy is back jumping and biting Cisco. Husband CB took off Cisco's blue collar yesterday, because Troy kept pulling it like tug-of-war. (See picture above)
Gracie the cat usually lazes around the house in the daytime in the living room off from everyone else. She occasionally will sit on me if I am reading--that's the only time, especially if I'm lying on the couch reading. Since puppy Troy has arrived, Gracie taunts him at the French doors that open to the sunroom and to the outside deck. (The sunroom is where our two computers are and it's next to the laundry room; these are the rooms where the dogs are allowed to be.) Gracie will paw at the glass to tease the puppy. Last night, CB closed the curtains to the outside, so Troy would stop jumping at the doors to "get" at the cat. In a little while, the cat was under the drapes and (according to CB) sticking her tongue out at the puppy.
When daughter AE visited this weekend, she took this picture, which I'm copying from her blog, so you can see all three dogs. Visit her if you want to read about her and partner KA's whirlwind tour of TX in about 48 hours.
5 comments:
Your daughter can really write well.
Of course, she does come from good stock.
I am not a huge Texas loving person myself, so if you read the comments at her blog, you will see that you are one of the good things from Texas.
And there was only one other!
I hope the staph infection goes away fast!
How many kids do you have? I can't keep track.
I have not made it over there yet, I am sure it is good. I wanted to say you have really nice looking dogs. I bet it is always fun.
I pray Baillie's infection heals soon. You are a fine storyteller, Jan.
You have your hands full! I hope Baillie's better soon.
What a busy time for you!
I love reading posts about your family...and I enjoyed your daughter's, too!
Post a Comment