Sunday, November 18, 2007

Home again, home again, Jiggedy-Jog!

It is nice to be home again-- home again, home again, jiggedy-jog. MJ liked AE's professors, one who teaches chemistry and the history prof. who spurred AE to apply for the Fulbright to Korea. We liked being with DC and AA and seeing their lovely new home. The kitchen is beautiful with black granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances and yellow walls. We even had our own bedrooms upstairs, because I got the extra bed in one and MJ slept on a blow-up mattress in the other bedroom. (There's an advantage to being older and "the mom.")

We left this morning so that we could stop at the Outlet Malls in San Marcos. Then MJ and I stopped in Gruene (pronounced "green"), one of those historic, quaint villages with little shops that entice shoppers. We ate lunch at the Gristmill Restaurant, because I have fond memories of meeting DC there for dinner when he first moved to Austin in 2003. (I was in San Antonio taking classes at Oblate, and we met at that in-between spot.)

It was very nice to get home as it was getting dark. It was also pleasant to find gas a little bit cheaper than when we left ($2.89 gal.).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was in Austin, I sneaked a look at a few of my favorite blogs and was captivated by a new game that gives rice to the United Nations World Food Program via a vocabulary game that I posted a link to at the right of my posts. This is a very addictive game! I first found it at my daughter AE's blog.

Go PLAY--it's educational!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And now Wyldth1ng has discovered that this is a valid game through Snopes.

7 comments:

June Butler said...

Welcome home, Jan. To the blogosphere, that is. I can hardly weldome you to your own blog.

Sounds as though you and MJ had a lovely trip.

Barbara B. said...

yes, welcome home!!

Terri said...

Glad you are home safe and sound...

oh, and well, if the opening for a new rector at your church falls into place with my availability for looking...well. all I can say is, we'll see! I'd love to have you for a parishioner!!!!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Welcome home!

Fran said...

Yay you are back! You were missed.

And it sounds like a great trip Jan.

I saw the rice thing at AE's blog- very good.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a good trip.

I've been doing the rice thing, too. It IS addictive!

Nancy said...

I love the rice game!! I had to stop because my carpal tunnel was acting up. I'll try in with my Mac without the mouse sometime. Those were some very hard words. I was amazed at how much my Latin training of long ago helped with what appeared to be completely unfamiliar words.