Patrick Chappatte, Cartoons on World Affairs Patrick's cartoons appear in the Geneva daily "Le Temps" and in the Sunday edition of the Neue Zurcher Zeitung. He also does a weekly cartoon for the International Herald Tribune. Visit Patrick.
I'm with the previous commenter. Reduce consumption.
Oh no, wait, if we reduced consumption, that might affect our lifestyle somehow. It might force us to consider that our actions and our lifestyles have consequences. That what we do has profound implications for future generations.
It's so much easier to just continue to live for today and not think about what we are doing to the earth.
There is this DVD I discovered out here called "The death of the electric car", it was a screener, and we had a viable option in 2006. Sad to say California was the driving force on the disappearance. You might even say ironic.
(This post is another reason why I like to come by here all the time.)
We need to stop the lobbyists who kill the development of other energy for this country. There should be an increase on production of energy from some other source and then we can start to reduce the consumption on Oil.
War is no answer, unless we are including that question to the Russian, India and Chinese people. They seem to be catching up to the consumption of Oil as much as America.
My husband thinks we should spend a lot of money in the development of nuclear energy. Not sure what I think. I think we should lower consumption, but am I?
7 comments:
reduce consumption!
I'm with the previous commenter. Reduce consumption.
Oh no, wait, if we reduced consumption, that might affect our lifestyle somehow. It might force us to consider that our actions and our lifestyles have consequences. That what we do has profound implications for future generations.
It's so much easier to just continue to live for today and not think about what we are doing to the earth.
Why can't we do both.
There is this DVD I discovered out here called "The death of the electric car", it was a screener, and we had a viable option in 2006. Sad to say California was the driving force on the disappearance. You might even say ironic.
(This post is another reason why I like to come by here all the time.)
Great cartoon!
We need to stop the lobbyists who kill the development of other energy for this country. There should be an increase on production of energy from some other source and then we can start to reduce the consumption on Oil.
War is no answer, unless we are including that question to the Russian, India and Chinese people. They seem to be catching up to the consumption of Oil as much as America.
My husband thinks we should spend a lot of money in the development of nuclear energy. Not sure what I think. I think we should lower consumption, but am I?
I really wanted to add that reducing consumption is a moot point.
Post a Comment