
ocean
I love the sound of ocean waves on the west coast, so that is the Pacific Ocean. I cannot remember that from the east coast, but I'm sure the waves look and sound just as beautiful on that side of the USA. I am grateful for the latest memory of waves while we stayed at Moclips, WA this past August.
Oblate School of Theology
I am grateful for the seven years I went to Oblate School of Theology in San Antonio. In that time, my faith and knowledge grew (just as Fran's is now), as well as confidence in myself. Often I was one of the best students in classes of mostly male Roman Catholic seminarians. I am grateful that I got to go to Zambia for a month in 2006 as a member of a class entitled: "Global Ethics, with a concentration on Zambia."
opals
Opals are my birthstone as my birthday is in October. My mother gave me a fire opal ring and a fire opal pin, though the pin was stolen when the other jewelry was taken in 2003 (while I was in San Antonio going to school at OST). I've been told that there is an old wives' tale that it is bad luck for people to wear opals if their birthday is not in October, so I am grateful the opal is my birthstone.
oatmeal
I love oatmeal for breakfast cooked with raisins and peanut butter stirred in when it is cooked. Creamy and delicious! How grateful I am for the idea of putting peanut butter in my oatmeal.
4 comments:
Thanks Jan. I love the idea of peanut butter with oatmeal. I'm gonna try that! and I so envy you the opportunity to attend graduate school in theology. A dream of mine!
never heard of peanut butter in oatmeal. raisins, brown sugar or maple syrup and or a little milk is how I eat it....now I'll have to try the peanut butter...
its sad that the pin your mother gave you was stolen....
I thought I'd share with you that I used the idea of an alphabetical gratitude list in my meditation class yesterday morning and the response was great. We all really got a lot of mileage out of it!
I'm always grateful for peanut butter. I don't eat oatmeal any more, but we make Thai peanut sauce for chicken, and sometimes I have some spooned into the place where the core used to be in my apple, for breakfast.
I have one friend who does alphabetical gratitude lists, and another taught me to do a list of 100 items, in one sitting. Helps a lot.
Glad you had fun on your birthday!
Post a Comment