Friday, October 23, 2009

New thanksgivings


natural
I am glad I stopped coloring my hair and let it become its natural color. After my 40th high school reunion last year, I decided that I no longer needed to color my hair browner than it really was. So now I have mostly white hair, and I'm glad it is white, not yellow-white or "dirty" white.

names
I am grateful when I can remember people's names! I remember better now that I will admit when I can't remember someone's name, so I ask for it--the embarrassment must help me remember!

I am glad I have my name. I also really like the names of my children. Oddly, we used to always name our dogs for "food," but that does not always hold true now.

Northwest
I am grateful I lived in the Northwest US for so many years of my life. I am glad my parents moved to Bellingham, WA in 1966 when my dad retired from the Marine Corps. It is a beautiful part of the country. I am glad that my daughter AE and her partner KA live in Seattle, so we can visit them there, though I wish we were closer to them, too.

2 comments:

Anne said...

which is why you should move up here.

Jaliya said...

I love all things Northwest! As much as I curse and shake my impotent fist at Winter, I'm a happy camper when the first real *blast* of cold barrels down from the Arctic. In my neck o' the woods, it's always in the form of a breakneck northwester ... I've been to the Gulf islands of British Columbia ... (((love))) the place ...