Sunday, October 4, 2009

Low Cal Snacks

Well, I am going to Weight Watchers early on Sunday mornings before I go to church. I will not enumerate how many times I've joined WW in my lifetime. I have helped to finance Heinz, which I think owns the Weight Watchers conglomerate. Still, this is helping me to eat more nutritiously with less snacking.

Several items I've found that satisfy my sweet tooth are:
These 90 calorie packets of crunchy little bites that are drizzled with caramel icing help satisfy my sweet tooth, especially as I eat one at a time.

At today's Weight Watcher meeting, I learned about Yoplait yogurt parfaits, called "Delights." I don't usually like yogurt, but I bought a package of the only flavor left (caramel) at the store. I ate one this afternoon and found it to be delicious and only 100 calories.**The lemon ones are so wonderful!!**

Until the above two items were discovered, my one decadent snack each evening was the WW cookies and cream ice cream bar. It is very good.

All three items are approximately 100 calories (or 2 WW points) and probably contain all sorts of artificial ingredients. Fruit is better, but sometimes I just want a DESSERT!

2 comments:

Terri said...

me too! Fruit is well and good, but it's not chocolate, ice cream, or cookies...but I can usually manage to eat these in moderation..usually...

zorra said...

Well, I guess I need to go back to WW too. It could be worse. And yes, WW desserts are delicious!