
E words seem to be eluding me, but I'll try to think of a few below:
E-mail
Before blogging, I was a much bigger e-mailer, but now I seem to put my news on my blog. I like to get e-mails, but not the hateful, bigoted ones. Also, e-mail has the potential to hurt or anger people, because quick replies are not necessarily thought-through and are sent very quickly. Still, I am grateful for e-mail as it connects me to far flung family and friends. When my dad got web-tv a few years before he died, he suddenly was connected with many old Marine buddies, for which I am still grateful.
EFM
This is a four-year study sponsored by the Episcopal Church, entitled "Education for Ministry." Each year we get a very thick notebook full of good scholarship and documentation. I am grateful that three friends from the Methodist Church joined me in this class, plus our leader LP is knowledgeable, spiritual, and authentically true. I appreciate the bonding that comes about with each group every year.
erasing
See, I'm struggling for "e" words! In high school and college before the advent of computers, I appreciated easily erasable paper! I was an English major and so had many papers to write with footnotes placed at the bottom of the pages; it was hard to ascertain when to end the writing so there would be space for the footnote(s). The advent of the word processor makes writing so much easier--now we "delete" rather than "erase" but it's the same concept: erasing made easy!
earrings
Ever since I had my ears pierced in 11th grade, I have liked smallish earrings. I appreciate the earrings given me by my children and husband, especially after the robbery in 2003 where all my jewelry (including my mother's) was stolen.
end
The end of today's preoccupations with e's of gratitude.
2 comments:
I swear, you are my sister.
eee!!! deeeeelightful eee's.
Post a Comment