By Mishka JaegerToo often the Friday Fives I offer up seem extremely introspective, so here's something that could be fun. I notice as I finish my sixth decade that my taste in footwear is much different than when I was younger, as comfort wins out over fashion. So look at your feet and think about what you put on them!
1. What is your favorite footwear at this time in your life?
Keen or Teva sandals or shoes with big toe boxes.
I have a narrow heel and so wore extremely narrow shoes all my life--until about five years ago when my feet started hurting. I belatedly learned that those narrow shoes caused bunions, which means I am in a great deal of pain when I put on any of those old narrow shoes.
2. What was the craziest shoe, boot, or sandal you ever wore?
When I was teaching elementary school in the 1970's, I wore those wooden platform shoes
3. What kind of shoes did you wear in your childhood?
My mother insisted upon me wearing saddle shoes until I was in junior high school. I grew to hate them. Oddly, when I was in high school, saddle shoes were trendy.
4. How do you feel most comfortable? Barefoot, flip-flops, boots, or what?
I like to wear slippers in the house. I really like sandals, which are appropriate for the south TX almost all year round.
5. What kind of socks do you like, if any?
I don't wear as many socks as I did while living in WA State, RI, or NJ, but I've always loved patterned socks, especially cute ones.

Bonus: Anything you want to share about feet or footwear.
8 comments:
I had a pair of saddle shoes in high school in the 70s. We were obsessed with the 50s - had a sock hop nearly every week.
Love those 70s platform shoes! Thanks for a fun Five from your sister in the "reflective and spiritual" style!
I'd forgotten all about Famolare...I do marvel that you managed to teach in them, but I bet the kids thought you were supercool.
Great pictures--wow...maybe I wore something like that too.
Very fun play. Those sandals are adorable. I hated saddle shoes in (Catholic school) kindergarten, but then bought a pair for swing dancing in college.
Nah, socks are not nice along the coast unless it gets really cold.
Yay for Tevas!
(This was a great Friday Five, but I didn't get a chance to play today.)
I was also forced to wear saddle shoes during elementary school. I hated them!
AND (horrors) I had one pair of platforms in the 70s that were suprisingly comfortable because they didn't have a higher heel. The platform was flat. They were easy on the feet and made me taller!!!
:-)
Post a Comment