Friday, October 2, 2009

Friday Five: Touching Holiness

Sally brought this thought-provoking Friday Five to RevGalBlogPals:


To put it in crude terms I was blown away by the by the deep sense of God's presence, of gentleness, of holiness and purity. Today as I reflect upon the experience I recognise that there have been other places and other times when I have experienced a tangible touch of God. I wonder if it was because the message that Therese had is so much needed today, she experienced God as a God of love, and encouraged others to draw closer...

How about you, where do you find God's peace and presence, is there:

1. A place that holds a special memory?
Boulevard Park, Bellingham, WA

2. A song that seems to usher you into the Holy of Holies?
Any Taize song

3.A book/ poem/ prayer that says what you cannot?

Holy Spirit,
Giving life to all life,
Moving all creatures,
Root of all things,
Washing them clean,
Wiping out their mistakes,
Healing their wounds,
You are our true life,
Luminous, wonderful,
Awakening the heart
From its ancient sleep.

~Hildegard of Bingen


4. How do you remind yourself of these things at times when God seems far away?
Talk to a friend. Keep sitting twice a day with God in silence, no matter what.

5.Post a picture/ poem or song that speaks of where you are right now in your relationship with God...

Often we anxiously seek the will of God,
as if God had gleefully hidden dreams for us
deep in unfathomable places.
As if it were God's intention
that our whole lives be spent
in endless searching for signs and directions
buried in obscurity.
The will of God is that which brings us
peace and fullness of life.
The will of God is the seed of our dreams
ever gestating with possibility
and longing to leap forward
scattering new and surprising blessings
in our gray reality.


~~Edwina Gateley

Source: A Mystical Heart

4 comments:

Terri said...

Love that quote by Hildegard and also the last one too, which I've never hear before....

Jennifer said...

mmm, wonderful thoughts and photos.

Sally said...

Love the photo and the prayers...

angela said...

I've had to stop reading to print your answer/quotes. Beautiful. Really.