![[Butter+7+pounds.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgj4-h_AlT9784UcP1t6e-pVucpTA2KUncjhyb5_Kiu2dGYUwOMA65G7WhlCw6K3ytVu5limuk9eff3qAKfjuMqGL6PeherNee9uGB2omv6FsGhMuoWjn3eel1KeNE0QTqLEcHcX2Y6emP-/s1600/Butter+7+pounds.jpg)
I've always liked butter. When I was a little girl, my mother told stories about me reaching into the refrigerator and taking a bite out of a cube of butter. MJ says I like too much butter on my potato and toast.
Well, today I over did it, even for me!
My children have always loved Butterscotch Brownies, a recipe from the old 1957 edition of Betty Crocker's Cook Book for Boys and Girls.
Since it's such a small recipe, I usually quadruple it. I decided it would be a nice surprise to make a batch and mail Butterscotch Brownies to my children for Valentine's Day. After my early morning walk today, I made them, as I'm trying to get "everything" done before I leave early on Monday morning for MD.A little while ago, I cut the brownies. MJ said they're darker than usual. Then she said that they're more buttery than usual. When I touched one and felt the grease, I suddenly remembered what I had done this morning--I'd put FOUR sticks of butter in the recipe, instead of two--as I was hurriedly thinking of 4X the ingredients.
MJ and I laughed and laughed. How silly. (And what a waste.)
6 comments:
I remember that Betty Crocker book! I think I still have mine!!!
I too love butter. I think I must be Paula Deen's love child.LOL.
My grandma used to say that good cooking consists of love and butter.
Pass the buttah.
Glad you could giggle over the buttah abundance!
I too LOVE butter. Yummy.
Jan,
There is a video on my site that will speak to your heart as it did to mine.
Nifty.
Post a Comment