Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Air Travel

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/opinion/ssi/images/Toles/c_08082007_520.gif

I am sure this is how husband CB feels, though he is stuck in the Houston terminal and not inside an airplane. He left our home at 4 am this morning for a 5:30 flight to Houston, which was delayed for three hours. He'd had a 2 hr. 45 min. layover originally scheduled for Houston, but he still missed his connecting flight to Seattle! So now poor CB is stuck in the Houston airport for the next five hours until he can get on the 2:30 flight to Seattle, which gets him there during RUSH HOUR at 5:30--IF all goes well. He's hoping (as we all are) that he'll get up to Bellingham before his dad goes to bed tonight, because the heart valve replacement surgery is tomorrow morning.

Rush Hour #010, rush hour traffic in the Seattle area, by Robert Demar, Photographer

In today's newspaper there was an article that stated that in 2007 more than 26% of U.S. flights were delayed or cancelled.

This makes me worry about next Monday, when I leave at 6 am for Baltimore for the Shalem Residential education and CB is scheduled to get back at 10 pm. And here is 18 year old MJ at home (after school and soccer practice). . . . The fear is logical, because the last flight to Corpus Christi by the two major carriers is often scrubbed, and I can imagine CB stuck in Houston, me in Maryland, and MJ in Corpus Christi. . . .

4 comments:

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

I think this is why traveling is so exhausting. Prayers for all in all states...in all airports...in all pre-op's.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. Praying that all goes well . . .

Terri said...

travelling is so very unpredictable these days...I hope all goes along better, well, including your flight....

Episcopollyanna said...

Oh my, how stressful. IAH is the worst airport, IMO. I've been stuck there before too. Praying that all goes well and your husband can get up here safe and sound for your FIL's surgery, and prayers going out for that too.