National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
This is where the second residential term of the Shalem Program for Spiritual Guidance will be held Feb. 12-21.
I am flying to Dallas very early on Monday morning, hopefully catching my connecting flight to Baltimore. Then I am meeting other Shalem people who are going to share a shuttle to Emmitsburg to the Elizabeth Ann Seton Retreat Center, where we will be staying. It is wonderful being there, because the buildings are all interconnected so that we can visit the Basilica even when it is closed from the outside--at night or early in the morning.
I am going a day early, because it is impossible to travel from Corpus Christi, TX to Emmitsburg and reach the first meeting by 2 pm on Tuesday. I found that out last year! (Plus, after CB's problems traveling to Seattle last week, I have doubts about arriving anywhere on time!)
Just as I am flying to the east coast on Monday morning, so CB is traveling from the west coast to TX in the afternoon. We hope he'll get home safely that night with 18 year old MJ home alone--with two dogs and a cat.
There is a computer room in the retreat center, but I don't know how many opportunities I will have to get there. I will try periodically in the next few weeks to check in with you and visit as many friends in the blogsphere as possible.
7 comments:
Sending you off with prayers and blessings in abundance.
Disconnect and be present to what you are there for. Although I will be happy to hear from you at any time.
All of us who love you Jan will be here awaiting your return!
Sending prayers of transformation, metanoia and peace.
Blessings on your weeks at the Shalem progam. Will hold you and your folks in prayer as you study together.
Jan, the assisting priest who will be the supply priest at small church after I leave will be at Shalem the same time as you. Her name is Deb. Say hi for me, although I will see her on Monday and she flies out on Tuesday...anyway...
I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful, fruitful time. How beautiful to do this.
P.S. I'm tagging you for a marriage meme at wyrdbyrd, but it can wait as long as you want (or forever!). I thought you might have fun with it.
Have a wonderful time!
Blessings on your travel and time at Shalem.
My prayers for a wonderful, rich week!
Post a Comment