Work That Is Real
by Kayla McClurg
The pitcher cries for water to carry
and a person for work that is real.
--- Marge Piercy
When my doctor told me, in that sudden crazy phone call at Thanksgiving, that I had an urgent heart problem and needed to get to the emergency room immediately, I went, but not before walking up and then back down a flight of 15 stairs to get a book. I realize now I actually risked death to keep from sitting in the ER for hours, maybe my last hours on this good earth, with nothing to do! In my bedroom, my 'third eye' knew this might be my last time there, and it noticed two things in particular: how topsy-turvy my closet was and how many things I own that haven't fulfilled their intended purpose....
Continue reading at inward/outward
2 comments:
wow, that is really an interesting article -- thanks for posting!
...as always, thanks!
Post a Comment