Sunday, February 24, 2008

Middle Name Meme

I saw this over at View from the Pews, and since I'm dawdling, I'll do it here:

Here are the rules
1. You have to post the rules before you give your answers.

2. You must list one fact about yourself beginning with each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name or your mother's maiden name).

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag one person for each letter of your middle name. (Be sure to leave them a comment telling them they've been tagged.)

A is for asceticism. Not that I'm an ascetic, but I learned recently that a committed daily time of prayer can be considered "asceticism." That gives me a new perspective on both prayer and asceticism.

N is for nice. My eldest child DC tells me that he remembers me telling him "to be nice" when he was little, so I suppose I told all four of my children to behave nicely.

N is for Nippon, which is the Japanese name for "Japan." I lived in Japan when I was in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.

E
is for eclectic, because I am an eclectic Christian.

Now I tag Katherine E., Wyrdbyrd, Jiff, and Zorra.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a fun one! My daughter would be very envious that you lived in Japan, she is fascinated with the country and the culture.

Easter Almuena said...

Hi Jan
Saw your comment over at Marie's... fascinating answers you have!!! :-)

A joyful Lent to you,
Easter:-)

Easter Almuena said...

"Help me see the good
and the bad,
O God,
as equal opportunities
to lean closer
into your loving embrace."

I love this prayer of yours!!! :-)

Terri said...

My middle name is Lynnette (way to long for such a meme)....but fun to read yours!

Marie said...

Excellent Meme Jan:).

My cousin had a real gift for languages but he could not master Japanese..He can even speak in many aboriginal dialects as he teaches languages to them.

Can you speak Japanese Jan? Just curious.

Peace to you always:)

Marie xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Very interesting. I didn't know you lived in Japan. Do you speak Japanese?

My middle name is very, very short!

zorra said...

Thanks! I'll get to it later this week. Now to think of six (interesting, I hope) things about myself...