Life is painful
because of the ones who have died.
Joy is painful
because of the ones who are crying.
Love is painful
because of the ones who hate.
And while I am loving, laughing and crying,
I am waiting for you, my Lord.
Today is my mother's birthday, only she died 16 years ago. She would have been 89 today. I wish she had lived longer than she did. Here she is with baby MJ. (MJ is now 18.)
10 comments:
What a wonderful face...and what a terrific pic. I'm sorry you lost her and don't have her still.
Judi
((Jan)) That's a beautiful picture.
The seventeenth anniversary of my own mother's death is only a few days away. Like your mom, mine loved flowers--anything I do in the yard reminds me of the hours she spent, happily tending her garden.
what a wonderful picture!
(((jan)))
Thank you, Jan, for the poem and the picture. Blessings to you today.
Jan, what a beautiful picture. My heart is with you.
Oh what a beautiful photo - so evocative!
I send prayers of love and consolation your way.
(((((Jan))))) i wish you still had her with you. You'll see her again. What a beautiful picture of her!
Love and prayers and blessings to you today.
what a great picture! so lovely of both of them.
(((Jan)))
Oh!
Jan, What memories that picture brought back! All the way back to your parents' house in Japan and your mother's smiling welcome there.
With much love,
Nancy
Post a Comment