Friday, April 4, 2008

Live the questions now


http://www.elliotteskeyphotography.com/images/canon_beach_sunrise_4x6.jpg
Cannon Beach Sunrise - Oregon
Elliot Teskey

Sometimes I miss the Pacific Ocean.

... have patience with everything unresolved in your heart
and to try to love the questions themselves
as if they were locked rooms or books written
in a very foreign language.
Don't search for the answers,
which could not be given to you now,
because you would not be able to live them.
And the point is, to live everything.
Live the questions now.
~ Rainer Maria Rilke ~

6 comments:

Fran said...

Live the questions now- that is gorgeous and the photo!

Rev SS said...

gorgeous shot of Canon Beach ... I need to go there again soon

Barbara B. said...

Cannon Beach is only about an hour and a half from my house! :)

Gannet Girl said...

Love the photo. I think I am now resolved on the plan for Thanksgiving at Cannon Beach (to see the Lovely Daughter who will be in her final year of college in Oregon).

And the quote was a staple of boarding school dorm room posters. Love that, too.

Thanks for the reminders!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful---the quote and the photo.

We were at Cannon Beach last summer, and it was gorgeous. I grew up near the beach and I, too, miss the ocean a lot.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see another photo of the beach. It makes the trip last longer. Love the Rilke quote too.