Monday, April 28, 2008

Last Request

From April 28 NEW YORKER, page 138:

"America, America"

KESTER--Rose Rothstein, of North Andover, MA, formerly of East Norwich, NY, March 1, 2008. Widow of Harold E. Kester. Survived by Linda and William Cotter of Concord, MA; Marjorie and Peter Smith of Durham, NH; five loving grandchildren; five great-grandchildren and her sister Anne Gerber. In her memory, please vote Democratic in November.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, alright then, I will vote Democratic in her memory. (Okay, I admit it, I was going to anyway.)

June Butler said...

Wow! I will. I will. I was going to anyway, but what a wonderful memorial.

Unknown said...

I love this.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

This is great! Who can refuse a dying request?

Diane M. Roth said...

oooh.
people tried that with Paul Wellstone, and it didn't work.
hope it does this time!

Terri said...

Oh my...what an great request in an obit....