
Am I older than I realize? Probably so, since last night CB and I were asked if we were at the Senior Party for our GRANDCHILD! That was as we were leaving as chaperones. The young girl who asked was the receptionist; we had been standing near her to check kids in and out. (If an adolescent left, he/she could not return.)
This reminds me of how MJ is our youngest of four children, while most of her friends are the firstborn in their families. So CB and I are older--at 57 to have an 18 year old daughter.
Last night was MJ's high school's Senior Party, which is rather an elitest event since the parents of seniors pay for their seniors to be involved in this. This may only occur in Corpus Christi or in south TX, as my two sons also participated in their Senior Parties. (Daughter AE saved us a lot of money by NOT wanting to be involved.) At least, each (paid) "host" gets to invite six guests. I was glad that MJ invited girls from her soccer team that probably would not have been included.
Our shift for chaperoning was 10pm to midnight, which is past my bedtime. Fortuitously for us, several inebriated teenagers had already been escorted away by the time we arrived. We were told that some teenagers drink an excessive amount BEFORE arriving somewhere that is being scrutinized, and so that must be what happened. The site only had one entrance, because it was on the sixth floor of a building. Only one elevator was turned on to work.
There is still the Senior Prom at the end of this month, but we don't have to do any duties at that. We "old" people can stay home. . . .
6 comments:
Keep in mind that the younger that girl was who asked you if you were a grandparent, the worse her ability to discern age probably was. Still not as embarrassing as the time the elderly Chinese-Canadian waiter at The Empress in Victoria asked Salt if she was my adolescent son.
IS, I guess that is much worse. But at least you ARE young!
Ah you are still young! And that picture is cool/interesting! :)
We were in the same boat when our twin boys were in scouts. I was 35, almost 36 when Mike and Chris were born, so I was a den mother at 43, whereas the mothers of most of the fellow scouts were mostly 33 or younger. At 58, I'm glad that my youngest are now 22, as I wouldn't have the energy to deal with kids anymore!
I guess you can!
Both is good. Good to be both.
Post a Comment