Friday, April 25, 2008

Feelings?

The image “http://www.gatewaypsychiatric.com/Patient%20Resources/Images/Plutchikfig6.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Where would I find "blah"--"apathy"--"ennui"--"acedia"?

When I was in therapy a decade and more ago, I was told that I needed to identify my feelings with the acronym JPFLAGS--joy, pain, fear, loneliness, anger, grief, and shame. That was a good way for me to learn to ascertain them, but today I am blah.

10 comments:

Barbara B. said...

Hope the blahs lift soon...

Katherine E. said...

Yes, I hope it lifts soon, too.

Gosh, that's a really helpful diagram. May have to copy it!

Thank you for the lovely card, Jan. You are so thoughtful...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are blah today. Sending love your way. . . (a little poem for you.)

Unknown said...

It's a great diagram except that it's missing how you feel right now! Hope the blahs are relieved, soon.

Fran said...

Jan- my mood was brightened today by the arrival of a postcard from someone I adore.

I send you so many good thoughts, prayers and wishes today my friend.

Maureen said...

I hate the blah's. Hang in there my friend. You've been through a lot the past couple of days. Give yourself lots of love and treat yourself really well with stuff that you love, like a bath if that's your thing, I like to drink tea and read magazines. Be kind to yourself. My heart goes out to you with prayers.

Miss Cellania said...

That is a fascinating diagram.

Diane M. Roth said...

(((Jan)))

Jan said...

Thank you all. And I'm pleased that Miss Cellania dropped by! A good night's sleep and a morning walk have me more motivated today. Maybe the rain, too, as we've been having a drought in south TX. Things look brighter.

Kate Morningstar said...

I think that's a very helpful diagram too, and will copy it.