
I was very impressed with myself that during a lunch hour of the ERD Conference, I found my way to the Barnes and Noble store and never went outside! I had to travel up an escalator, over three different skywalks and going through two buildings with stores in the middle of them to get there. I'm not a good map-reader, so I followed the hotel receptionist's directions of left, right, and left again.
Of course, I bought a book, which is intriguing me greatly. I had time to read almost all of it during my travel day on Sunday: The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge, M.D.
I bought it because I remembered Gartenfische mentioning a book like this on her blog. However, I have since learned that she recommended a different book that I may still have to read: Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain: How a New Science Reveals Our Extraordinary Potential to Transform Ourselves by Sharon Begley, which is about meditation changing one's brain. I am grateful to Garten for planting that seed, because I am learning so much in The Brain That Changes Itself, which relates scientists and case studies in the new science of neuroplasticity.
2 comments:
Welcome to the Northland, where "Many are cold, but few are frozen."
Have I told you before about Magic Trees of the Mind? It's about brain development in infants and children, just amazing.
what a cool picture you took! and you should be patting yourself on the back that you made your way through the sky ways and found the B & N.
Post a Comment