Instead of quoting and/or copying images, I thought I'd write something of my own, though I'm not inspired. However, what prompted me to do this is that I want you to look at the beautiful pictures of contrasting weather that my daughter posted on her blog. There are blossoming cherry trees on the University of Washington campus and then snow in Bellingham, WA! And today it got up to 86 degrees F. here in south TX. This makes AE glad she doesn't live here anymore, among other reasons. As it gets hotter and continues to do so, I'll start wishing I wasn't living here for TX extended summers. . . which start in the spring time.
I learned today that elbow bursitis (tennis elbow?) can persist for months. I was happy to hear that the best way to treat it is applying ice packs during the day. The swelling is down, and my elbow is just red and slightly enlarged. So it's better--and movement is back to normal. Yay.
MJ is at a regional soccer play-off final game where a different high school's boys' team is playing. (There are five high schools in Corpus Christi.) At the beginning of this school year, I was very irritated because the Ray HS girls' soccer coach (MJ's coach) for the past two years left them to coach a BOYS' team at a different (King) high school! Well, his expertise helped the boys to get this far into the playoffs. (However, the girls' replacement coach was incompetent, though pleasant.)
I am reading a book I bought five years ago, a fact I learned from Amazon's tracking system. I never finished it back then and am finding it to be "just right" for now. It concerns the spiritual journey from a Buddhist perspective and addresses spiritual greed quite well. The book is Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism by Chogyam Trungpa. It reminds me of a video that I saw at Non-Duality Cartoons last week, where Eckhart Tolle says that if we are thinking that we'll be enlightened in the future, we are NOT in the present moment where we could be realizing we have and are everything we desire.
Well, even in my trivia, I managed to mention a book. Typical, right?
5 comments:
Oh Jan, what a delightful post this is, I loved reading your words about you!
I will go check out the photos at your daughter's blog.
You mention the being in the moment that is so essential,yet so elusive to us.
The priest at my church preaches on this all the time; the Kingdom of Heaven is now and also not a place.
We must be present.
As I said, essential but elusive, as you point out.
Thank you for sharing yourself so generously in this post Jan.
Good to hear movement of your elbow is back to normal! :-)
I love your "trivia," Jan. Thanks!
I look forward to hearing about that book, if you want to write about it. I like Trungpa. He was very wise, in spite of serious personal problems.
I agree with franiam. It's nice to read your thoughts about your life.
It's not trivia, either.
Post a Comment