Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Minneapolis! (I hope)

The image “http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/minnesota/images/s/minneapolis.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.Tomorrow I fly to Minneapolis, IF my American plane has not been grounded by American Airlines for safety reasons. More and more flights are being cancelled--up to 1,000! I change planes at the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport, and it was a mess last night and today. A spokesman for the airlines said:

"The Fort Worth-based carrier had canceled about 460 flights that were to depart Tuesday on MD-80s, giving American nearly 1,500 cancellations in two days.

"'There are about 30 MD-80s in service as of 7 a.m., and we should roll more back into service this morning and this afternoon,' said American spokesman Tim Wagner. 'The situation is fluid, though, and that is why we have gone ahead and cancelled the 850. We do not know at this point if that number will climb, but it might.'"


I (hope I) am going to the Episcopal Relief and Development Conference, which is titled "Healing a Hurting World." Let that be so.

And the most exciting part of the trip will be meeting Diane! I hope I'll get there to meet her!

I'll get home on Sunday.

5 comments:

Missy said...

Prayers for a safe trip!

Annie's Mom said...

I hope you have a safe and wonderful and fulfilling trip!

zorra said...

Have a safe trip and tell her hello for me!

Diane M. Roth said...

prayers that you get here! let me know! why were they grounded again?

Maureen said...

I live here in Dallas, Jan, too bad we couldn't meet up! But here's hoping and praying your flights go as planned with no mess ups!!