We are glad to be back in Texas, despite its heat. Though I call my husband "strong and quiet", he, MJ, and I are all being quiet as we sit in DC and AA's apartment in Austin. Our son and daughter-in-law have gone to a couples' wedding shower, and generously left us to be "at home" in their apartment. We are doing what each of us likes to do to relax--I'm on the computer (though it's DC's); husband CB is surfing the tv; and tired MJ is lying on a bed and reading. Since we are all introverts, it is nice to not be visiting for a little while.
The wedding is tonight, and tomorrow we'll drive back to Corpus Christi, which will take about four hours. From the news we have heard, Corpus Christi got little rain from Erin and the city's water is clean again! The future of Dean looms ahead, but is not in the next day or so for Texas. So we will go home in peace.
It is always nice to come home, wherever it is. My parents told me that when I was about three years old and came back from a trip (and the only trips we ever took were to visit relatives), I went around the house in Lubbock, TX (!) touching each piece of furniture and saying, "Nice chair; nice table; nice pillow. . . "
8 comments:
Texas is much better with YOU in it, Jan.
Love your little 3-y.o. story....
My favorite 2-y.o., Julia (the one in the picture on my blog) is coming over tonight. Her parents are going out for a nice dinner, so we all get to babysit tonight.
Welcome home!
Be sure to pick up some bottled water in Austin before going home. Water is flying off the shelves here in Houston with Hurricane Dean in the Gulf!
It is good to go home. I hope you won't meet Dean.
Have a lovely time at the wedding and a safe trip home.
yes, it is nice to be home...
Yep, Dorothy had it right... there's no place like home! Safe journey.
I will add my safe travel prayers also.
Welcome to your Texas home. Glad to hear you're resting. And, sounds like we can be glad that you won't be visited by Dean in Corpurs Christi.
Friends, thank you for your prayers and thoughts. It is nice to be home.
Post a Comment