I found myself immersed in the Divine Presence while watching two videos at Heather's Poor Excuse. These are Russian Orthodox chanting and Romanian Orthodox calling to prayer. By watching, listening, and somehow participating, I found myself in a holy experience. And then Heather quotes a Zen saying that blew me away:
“Don’t follow in the footsteps of the masters. Seek what they sought.”
When you have about 15 minutes, go and watch both videos at Sounds for Sunday.
2 comments:
Amazing. So glad you stopped by, I have a lot of reading to do here.
“Don’t follow in the footsteps of the masters. Seek what they sought.”
That is very much what early Quakers espoused. They talked about going to "the source" without any intermediary which is why the Church found them so very dangerous.
My friend Chuck actually just posted something about this over here:
http://poodledoc.blogspot.com/2007/08/wrestling-with-angel.html
Post a Comment