I still find refuge in the Harry Potter books. After reading the last book, I started all over again with the first one. In the past month, I have read them all in sequence. Today I started the last one for the second time,
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7). Escaping to the magical world gets me to forget my own sense of loss at losing my spiritual director. (In fact, today I cried again over Dumbledore's death in book 6 and in Fr. David's office.)
So I found the link to the "
Sorting Hat Ceremony" at
The Vicar of Hogsmeade site. And the sorting hat found me here, though I might have just as easily gotten into Hufflepuff.

I'm
a Gryffindor!
5 comments:
wow, i'm sorry that you are losing your spiritual director--that is very difficult. glad you have found refuge in the books.
Hey, I'm a Gryffindor too! Save a spot for me at the table. :)
Hello from another Gryffindor... and from someone who reread all the books prior to reading book 7. Wasn't it fabulous?
Happy reading!
Pax, C.
Don't you suppose most Harry Potter fans *are* Grffindors?
I finished the last one today and am so glad I read them all straight through. Reading the 7th book for a second time was good to catch all the details I rushed through the first time.
Nancy, I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm glad we're Gryffindors together--hope I'd be brave enough!
Post a Comment