Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Serena in Seattle!

Today my daughter MJ and I met Serena in Edmonds (a suburb of Seattle). She has already posted pictures at her blog Serena in Seattle of us. It was so much fun to meet her; I felt like we'd met many times before! (There's another reason to blog. . . .) Once I get home, to my own computer, I'll post the pictures taken with our camera, though I'll need MJ's help in downloading them.

Only one more full day in Washington. Then on Friday morning we'll drive back to Seattle (for the third time this visit) to return the rental car and check in at Sea-Tac Airport. We'll fly to San Antonio, arriving at 11 pm. That night we'll stay in a hotel in San Antonio, and on Saturday morning we'll drive to Austin to visit oldest son DC and his wife AA. Saturday night we're going to go to a wedding of friends' son at the Lady Bird Wildflower Center. Finally, on Sunday we'll return to Corpus Christi. (And that's when we'll see how Corpus Christi is--right now the entire city's water system is infected with e-coli bacteria, plus Tropical Storm Dean is headed for Corpus Christi. It seems safer and more pleasant here in the Pacific Northwest!)

9 comments:

Rev SS said...

So much fun being with you! Maybe the situation in Corpus Christi is a sign (time to move back to Bellingham)?? Sure hope Dean doesn't come ashore.

Katherine E. said...

The entire city's water system is infected with e-coli? my gosh! I hadn't heard that -- you'd think that would've been on national news. Well, yes, much safer to stay where you are!!!

I'm glad you got to meet Serena, Jan. Sounds like you've have a good trip. It's been so awful here in Texas. The air quality here is just hellish. Not to mention above 100.

It'll be nice to have you back on your own computer, though!

Jody Harrington said...

Dean is moving through the Houston area as I write this. It's now a tropical depression rather than a storm. We're on the "dirty side" so there is a lot of thunder, lightening and rain rain rain.

On the good side--no more 100+ temperatures!

Jody Harrington said...

Ooops. That would be Tropical Storm Erin, not Dean. Dean is still in the Atlantic and should become a hurricane.

Jennifer said...

Blessings as you return.
E-coli and the threat of storms are no fun for those there or those returning....

Jan said...

QG, you're right--it was Tropical Storm Erin. Dean is still a possibility!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jan for sharing the pictures.

Terri said...

Yes. I've been thinking of you all day, with the news about flooding, saturated land, and coming hurricane. sigh. I hope all goes well with travel and weather...

Jan said...

Friends, thank you for your caring and concern. The news hyped up the problems with Corpus Christi, and things seem to be fine for the moment. We'll see when we go home on Sunday.