Monday, June 7, 2010

Twenty Questions

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? I need to brush my hair. And why did my hair look so WHITE last Friday when I felt sick and doesn't so much today?

2. Do you miss anyone right now?
I do. I miss all four of my children and my two daughters-in-law. I miss friends even here in Corpus Christi, some of whom I rarely see. In the Wisdom Class, I miss Helen, who died, and Georgia, who moved away. Like Katherine, I still miss my mother at times, even though she died 18 years ago.

3. If you could move anywhere else, would you?

If I could move anywhere, I'd like to have a house on the coast of Washington State or Oregon, right on the beach. I've always wanted that, but will only get to occasionally rent places thus situated.
4.
4. If you could choose, what would your last meal be?

Hot fudge sundae, with my fudge sauce! The RECIPE is here.
5.
5. What famous person, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?

I would hope that I would have the confidence to talk with Thomas Merton.
6.
6. What was the last book you read?

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
7.
7.What was the last movie you watched?

In the theater, How to Train a Dragon
Via Netflix, Trade, with Kevin Kline, about sex trade across the TX-Mex border
8.
8. What was the last song you heard?

A Beatles song on the drive home.

9. What is your dream vacation?

Going to Scotland again. I've always wanted to go to Greece.
1.
10. What is the next trip you will take?

Going to Alaska on July 18 with husband CB. We'll be there for two weeks!! The third week we will visit relatives in Washington State, including daughters AE and KA.
11.
11. Did you ever go to camp?

No, I never did. My father was in the Marine Corps and did not think it was recreational.
12
12. Have you ever been in love?

Yes, I have. Still am. We've been married over 38 years now.
3.
13. What do you want to know about the future?

I would like to know that the gulf eco-system will not be ruined and will come back and thrive again.
14.
14. Where is your best friend?

Longest best friend is Nancy in California; she went to NM with me in May. Terry is in Washington State. Other good friends in Washington and in Texas.
5.
15.How is your best friend?

She's happy that school is over this week, and her son graduates from high school!

16.Who is the biggest gossiper you know?

I know some folks who gossip, but I certainly wouldn't name them here!!

17.What does your last text message say?

I do not text.

18. What are 3 things you've always wanted to do, that you still plan to accomplish?

Write my papers, clean out closets, become contemplative.

19. What is one thing you learned from your parents?
Be punctual.20.

20. What is one thing you hope to teach to your own children?
I hope they've learned to care about other people.


I got these from Katherine at Meaning and Authenticity, and I think the rules are that if you copy these from me and answer them on your blog you are supposed to let me know....

4 comments:

Terri said...

really enjoyed reading your responses...(homemade fudge sauce?? yum)

Tim said...

This was great reading, Jan. I stopped thinking about my answers after #1. ("Why am I up this early?") I love the Merton answer. He's on my short list, too!

Have a great day!

The Bug said...

I enjoyed this a lot! I'm always listing stuff about myself so I'll probably pass on participating (but it's still early in the week - I might!).

I don't know if you every WANTED to go to camp, but I only went a couple of times & as an introvert it was pretty hard. Not terribly traumatic, but I don't remember having barrels of laughs either.

Jennifer said...

This was great fun.
Maybe I'll post and do the same later on today...
Thanks! Hope you're well!