One month from today, on July 18, CB and I are flying to Seattle and then to Fairbanks! We are going to take two different trains: the Denali Star from Fairbanks, with an overnight in Denali (at Talkeetna), and on to Anchorage. From Anchorage we will take the Coastal Classic to Seward and back in one day.Then we will fly to Juneau and take the ferry to Bellingham, WA, where CB and I are from and where CB's parents still live. We will spend three nights on the ferry, which is the first time I have slept on a boat since we took a U. S. Navy ship from Yokohama, Japan to San Francisco in June of 1964.
After this 11 day adventure, we will have one more week in Washington to visit in Bellingham and in Seattle (where daughters AE and KA live). MJ will join us then.
It will be here before we know it! I have always wanted to visit Alaska!
2 comments:
that sounds like an amazing trip jan! traveling by rail is such a wonderful way to really see the country.
I have, too. I hope you have a GREAT time and take tons of pictures! :)
Post a Comment