My original intention was to write about each book, but I became too captivated with Lisbeth Salander and cast Armstrong's book aside. After reading the third book in the Larsson trilogy, I decided that I needed to re-read the first two to get the characters and stories straight in my mind. I tend to read too quickly and thus forget easily what I have read.
I also forgot where the first two books were in my house! It was maddening, because I knew I had bought them last year: The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played with Fire, and I could not find them. I so desperately wanted to read them that I decided the cheapest and quickest thing to do was to read them on my Kindle!
That is what I have been devoting my life to in the past week. After reading those two, I wanted to read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest to complete the trilogy in my mind. I just finished reading that on my Kindle tonight, because I had loaned the hardback copy to a friend soon after I had read it. Now I have all three books on my Kindle; I hope I'll want to read them again someday.
AND I learned last night from son BJ that I had given the first two to him to read at Christmas time. I completely forgot; no wonder I could not find them!
So now I'll finally get back to Armstrong's book about God. She is going through history, showing how humankind finds the Divine through experience and practices and not through dogma. When I get back to the Greek philosophers, I'll then go forward to find out what she does with the rest of time. (And now my life will have other aspects to it than "just" reading.)
3 comments:
I'm almost finished with the Girl Who Played With Fire. Not much other reading going on around here, until it's finished. disturbing reading...
Girl, ya gotta stop recommending books. You are the major contributor to my Amazon wish list I think! lol...As to the storm, so glad you didn't get too much damage! I'm terrified of high winds now after what we went through last June. We lost dozens of trees. Oh, and I got EFM finished for the year! Still planning on reading John Bright this summer, but I'm glad I got the course work done at least!
Everybody's talking about these "The Girl Who" books. but they're so looong!
So, they're on my list. But, it's hard for me to get much reading done, lately.
Post a Comment