Please don't pass this by. Say a prayer and click on this link that my daughter AE sent me of amazingly graphic and sad images of the effects of the Gulf Oil Spill. David W. Dunlap also wrote this "Putting a Face on the Gulf Oil Leak."
This makes me cry, literally. I can't bear looking at these images. For any creature to be subjected to this because of humanity's carelessness and arrogance breaks my heart.
I can't bear to look at these images either ... but we must ... not to a callous-making point (too much and we unsee), but to a point of enragement and engagement ... and conscious change. I've posted one photograph to my blog and that's all I'm going to post. That one image tore right through me. Now I'm in a space of dread --> I dread what we as a species have done and continue to do ... and what might come as a result of this disaster. It is so much more than a "spill" ...
I'm also in a space of "What can I do?" ... firstly, with my own small life ...
4 comments:
This makes me cry, literally. I can't bear looking at these images. For any creature to be subjected to this because of humanity's carelessness and arrogance breaks my heart.
I can't bear to look at these images either ... but we must ... not to a callous-making point (too much and we unsee), but to a point of enragement and engagement ... and conscious change. I've posted one photograph to my blog and that's all I'm going to post. That one image tore right through me. Now I'm in a space of dread --> I dread what we as a species have done and continue to do ... and what might come as a result of this disaster. It is so much more than a "spill" ...
I'm also in a space of "What can I do?" ... firstly, with my own small life ...
i can hardly look. i saw the nytimes article, and the pain of each of those magnificent lives is too much.
Those photos are stunning. Such devastation. We've got to make a change...
Post a Comment