Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A World of Prayers


A World of Prayers

Written by Mark W. Muesse

"Belief divides the religions of the world, but prayer unites them.Across ages and cultures, prayers of Jews, Christians, Hindus, Muslims, and even non- theistic Buddhists have been strikingly similar in form, substance, and intention…apart from their names for the divine, people throughout the world pray for the same things and in much the same ways."

Various prayers are given as examples.

Read more from A World of Prayers

4 comments:

Terri said...

SO very true....I'm a Christian who prays like a Buddhist...in the silence.

enigma4ever said...

oh that is a great phrase that Mompriest said....

good to meet you....saw the Obama sign- looks great....love your blog..will poke about and read here ......I will add you to the New Blogs on Blogroll at Watergate Summer....keep up the great work...and hopemongering...

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

What a lovely thought.

I'm Still Me said...

Thanks for the info. I recently used the email address for my town on the La Leche website but received a mailer-failure email on both attempts. I'm thinking I should start going to their monthly meetings starting with the next one.