Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I voted!

I voted today in the early voting offered in TX. I'm glad to be done with it!

Still, I worry about these voting machines. Where is my vote stored? Also, that dial on the right is tricky to use; I hope it didn't slip for someone so that when he/she pushed "enter," the wrong choice was selected. There were various elderly people there who seemed confused. And now there's even people writing about malfunctioning voting machines.

Have to remember (and hope and pray that) "...All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well" (by Julian of Norwich, 14th century mystic).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we use paper ballots here, still!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

We use the paper ballots with the optical scanner--just like kids taking tests.

I hope all the machines work out ok.

Magdalene6127 said...

YAY! Getting closer.

Kate Morningstar said...

Jan, I'm finally back in Canada from Texas -- my host voted last week, on the first day he could.

Thank you for being faithful and checking on me regularly -- I'm sorry I was less faithful, and will try not to be so thoughtless again.

Nancy said...

I recently opted to be a permanent vote-by-mail voter. I don't trust our CA electronic voting machines, although they do give us a printed receipt. I mailed in my ballot on Sunday.

I miss the feeling of unity and civic duty that comes from voting on election day.

Lauralew said...

I'm with Songbird--we still use paper ballots here in SD, fill in the circle next to the name. I'm cool with that.

About early voting, I sure have welcomed it. In three elections I effectively was disenfranchised by my job as a nurse--when you have to be at work at 0630 and you don't get off until seven, and you can't leave, there is no voting.

Not working this year, but I will be making phone calls and also working as a pollwatcher later in the day.