Monday, October 20, 2008

Do You Live in a Pro-America State?


I'm a little slow on the latest news, but from Oct. 17 it appears that Sarah Palin talked about "Pro-America states" of the USA. I wonder which ones are NOT??

"Check out this little nugget buried in a report about a fundraiser Sarah Palin spoke at last night:

Palin also made a point of mentioning that she loved to visit the "pro-America" areas of the country, of which North Carolina is one. No word on which states she views as unpatriotic."
by Greg Sargent

UPDATE: The McCain campaign offers some context for the quote.

3 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Can you imagine her inflicting this kind of tactlessness on world leaders?

Lauralew said...

And the small towns have lost their formerly good jobs, so their children have no choice but to join the military and fight in that ill begotten war. I suppose that makes them more "patriotic" than other towns with options.

In 2005, there was an article about Meridian MS in the Washington Post, where my brother and his family lived at the time, and how the kids there almost all went into the military for various reasons, not least of which was the economy. The best friend of my nephew, who spent 15 months in Baghdad, was profiled in the article. The best friend was killed.

See what happens when you get me started? Anyway, you can't convince me that cuts to higher educational funding were an accident. When there is an all volunteer army, you have to make it the only choice sometimes.

Off my soapbox now.

Judy Vaughan-Sterling said...

Gosh.
I guess I live in the unpatriotic state of New Jersey, where Obama has a BIG lead!