Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tree of Progress!

I love trees. What a symbol of life and growth.

Via Border Explorer, I just found Watergate Summer, who has this poster on her sidebar. I vividly recall the "Watergate Summer," because that was the time that CB and I packed and moved ourselves from VA to OR so he could go to grad school at Oregon State University. Right before that we spent several days in the gallery of the U.S. Senate watching all the arguing about Nixon.
~~~~~~~~~~
I have since learned that this was a limited edition poster designed by Scott Hansen for the Obama campaign in May 2008. I do not know if it is still available, but this is what I could find out about it:

"The official Barack Obama store commissioned another great campaign poster, this time by Scott Hansen (aka ISO50). It is a massive 23″ x 40″ lithograph, has an edition of 5000, and is $70. If this one is anything like the Shepard Fairey version, the large edition will do nothing to detract from demand on this."

5 comments:

ROBERTA said...

Jan, thanks so much for Watergate Summer....what a terrific site....and how exciting that you were "there" in the middle of history making....the closest i've come to history is my connection to the assasin of RFK - we were neighbors....

Jen-Jenny-Jennifer said...

OMG! I LUV that poster!!!!! Any tips on getting a real one, like on paper--yes, I confess, I continue to support the harvesting of trees ... just not the 'old growth' ones :)

That poster is frame worthy! Worthy of decades on a wall for a time down yonder path when I tell my grandkids all about the election of 2008. . .

Jan said...

Turbo, go back and look at what I added to this post. You motivated me to find out more about the poster. But it's too expensive for me and probably sold out by now.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

That is a really beautiful poster, and it does convey a feeling of hope.

Billie Greenwood said...

Thanks for the link.
That is a beautiful poster. Enigma at Watergate Summer is a relentless blogger and amazing personality. She has backed Obama from the beginning.