About 36 hours ago I learned that the Corpus Christi CROP Walk was scheduled for Nov. 9, and I knew nothing about it. I've walked in the annual CROP Walk for 13 years, since moving to Corpus Christi. Last year was the first year All Saints Episcopal Church participated in the CROP Walk, and we raised almost $3,000! In fact, I blogged about it last year.However, NO ONE contacted All Saints or me about participating this year. I was very irritated about this until I realized that I've wondered off and on for several months when the CROP Walk would be, but did nothing about that. So I can't really blame everybody else. . . .though it does seem like the organization should care about including a church that was just beginning its participation to encourage persistence. . . ."Shoulda' - woulda' - coulda'!"
Finally, I contacted several people who arranged for walk packets for volunteers, posters, and info about the CROP Walk to be delivered to All Saints. As I wondered if there is enough time to get people involved, the only two people I've mentioned this to signed up to walk! The church secretary, who happens to be a Quaker, is helping me out with publicity and her enthusiasm. So the way seems to be becoming clearer. . . .
AND now if any of you blogging friends want to contribute to the CROP Walk, go here. In each area that a Walk occurs, 25% stays in the community and the rest goes to alleviate worldwide hunger through Church World Service.
4 comments:
This is such a good thing! Churches in SO CAL were very active ... here, not so much. Glad you'e going to be able to continue your record.
Crop walk always fell during the clergy conference while I lived in Chicago (mid October)...now...who knows...blessings on yours!
I've never personally done this, but our church participates in it. (Mompriest, it was last weekend.)
It'll come together. We had a rousing good time last weekend at ours.
Happy, happy birthday, Jan!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment