Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happily at home!

I'm home! I was very pleased to cancel my flights from Austin to Houston to Corpus Christi, because daughter MJ drove from San Antonio to pick me up at the Austin Airport and then husband CB met us in San Antonio for dinner! It was wonderful to be with both of them and to get back home about an hour ago.

I was lucky enough to have friend JJ drive me to the airport very early this morning. Instead of Pacific time, I hope that I will quickly adjust to Texas time again, because I had to awaken this morning at 4:15 am! Amazingly (for me!), I learned how to use my cell phone as an alarm clock on this trip. I'd only "heard" of such a thing before but now can finally use it.

With easy access to my own computer at home, I look forward to blogging again and visiting my blogging friends. Tomorrow.

10 comments:

Terri said...

glad you are home safe and sound!

Nancy said...

It sounds like you had such a nice trip. Thanks for the postcard.

ROBERTA said...

traveling is wonderful but it's great to come home, & to be back sleeping in your own bed!

Fran said...

Thanks for the update! Glad you are home and that you got to enjoy some time with your husband and daughter!!

Elaine (aka...Purple) said...

Even after a wonderful trip...being home is good.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Yay. Welcome back!

Lauralew said...

As one who travels lots, home, in one's own bed and with one's own routines, is such a blessing. Glad you are there.

Mike Farley said...

Glad yo9u're back safely, Jan, and all's well at home... thanks for all the trip notes!

dust bunny said...

quoting a friend of scarecrows, lions and tin men..."there's no place like home" :)

Katherine E. said...

welcome home, Jan!

(Love the church banners)