Sunday, October 12, 2008

Trip almost over

My trip north is almost over. Friend DJ continues to loan me his car, so today daughter AE drove her partner KA and me to Bellingham for my in-law's 50th wedding anniversary! It was a happy coincidence that my husband's family decided to celebrate the anniversary on the one weekend I would be in the northwest. It was a happy day with much laughter, talking, and eating. Three-month-old Hayley, the first great-grandchild, was also there--the center of everyone's attention as only a baby can be. And I was happy that I could be there with my two daughters.

Last night we went to a play in Capit0l Hill in Seattle called "God's Ear." Our prime reason for going was that the daughter of friend NM (who was one of my bridesmaids long ago) had a part in it. It was funny and thought-provoking and was about a couple whose son accidently drowned and how they coped afterwards with their surviving daughter. Libby was wonderful in her part. We got to see her after the play, and she was surprised that we had come to this small, bare theater. That was a happy moment for AE, KA, and me to greeted by Libby, a star!

Capitol Hill was also where husband CB and I first lived when we had graduated from college. Until he got a chemistry job, he painted houses and I was a substitute teacher. We moved there because I had a long-term sub job while the teacher I'd student with went on maternity leave. Soon after, CB was trained in Oregon, and later we moved to VA!

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey, we're in the same time zone! I'm glad to continue to hear about your trip.

I was elected elder in my church today. (Too bad all elections aren't this painless....)

Have a safe trip home.

Yolanda said...

I hope you have a good time here and I know you will be glad to get home to tx.

fiwa said...

Hello! I am visiting because Ruth Hull Chatlien recommended your blog. :)

And I am in Seattle - how neat that you are visiting here right now! I hope you enjoy your time here with your family. Sorry the weather isn't a little better today.

Fran said...

I've loved reading all about your time away.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Hi Jan. It sounds like you getting to make some wonderful connections and having a terrific time.

Terri said...

so much wonderful family and friends during this trip!

dust bunny said...

I'm glad you had such a great time...the weather was wonderful over the weekend....but today, at my end of the state, it's cool and cloudy (again)

Lauralew said...

How fun, to see those people and places that are dear. Hugs as you begin your trip back.