Saturday, October 22, 2011

READ! (Dewey Read-A-Thon Day)



Although Bonnie got me interested in Dewey's Read-A-Thon, I did not officially sign up until Bonnie urged me to, just today. But here are today's numbers, according to Bonnie:

For the October 2011 Read-a-Thon:
442 readers and 69 cheerleaders have signed up!

If you click on the above link for readers, you can see what is being read, which will give us all some good ideas.

I know I will read some today, as I read every day. Currently I am reading:

I love mysteries, but am not reading any right now.

The Death of the Mythic God: The Rise of Evolutionary Spirituality by Jim Marion

The First Christmas: What the Gospels Really Teach About Jesus' Birth by John Dominic Crossan and Marcus Borg

The Whisperers: Private Life in Stalin's Russia by Orlando Figes

However, with my trip to Russia coming up in only 9 days, this seems especially true:

Still, read on your own!!

4 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Hello!! Welcome to the readathon. Just added you to the list of participants. Hope you have a really wonderful day.

And Russia? How cool is that! ;)

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Yay, Jan! Excellent list of books. Hurray for people who love books and thinking!

alisonwonderland said...

Hi, Jan! Bonnie suggested I come for a visit - not just to cheer on a sister read-a-thon-er (Go, go, read, read!) - but to check out your library clock pic. She was right - I'm totally stealing it! :)

Margot said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and encouraging me in the Read-A-Thon. I wish you a day of happy reading.