Monday, October 17, 2011

RA Fingers

Found here and directed there by Rheumatoid Arthritis Warrior, who also wrote this about RA:

"RA is a chronic, systemic, progressive, destructive disease. None of that would matter much if there were a cure. However, since no cure is available, and treatments are only modestly successful in a significant percentage of patients, monitoring Rheumatoid Arthritis is required to preserve as much health and life as possible."

I can get back in denial with meds helping the symptoms to fade. I am glad the combination of three drugs is helping me for the moment, which I guess is why I will continue to see my rheumatologist every two months for monitoring. Even though my symptoms are less, the disease is still in my body. . .pain and fatigue still occur.

But things are better for me!

The trick of living always seems to be staying in the middle of paradox--BOTH AND, so as not to get stuck at either extreme. The golden mean!



1 comment:

Terri said...

Indeed. Glad you are responding to the meds...