Thursday, October 27, 2011

Birthday Pictures!

No pictures were taken on my birthday, but some were taken in San Antonio yesterday when I was with my oldest and youngest children and my only grandchild! I felt like my birthday celebration continued with them.

MJ, DC and Avery

We went to lunch at The Cove restaurant ("burgers with conscience"), where I had wonderful fish tacos. As we got up to leave, we noticed that DC and MJ had greenish stains on their shirts, oddly similar. Then DC looked at Avery's bottom and realized that something had oozed out! The shade of green was strangely familiar to what she had just eaten--avocado plus zucchini-broccoli medley (for future eliminations).

Jan, MJ and Avery
(I don't close my eyes outside, with no camera flash.)

We spent some time at Trinity University before DC and Avery drove back to Austin. Then I got to spend the rest of the day with MJ, ending with dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in San Antonio, Twin Sisters, which was first opened in 1981 by twin sisters. My dinner of butternut squash/cheese enchiladas topped with green chili sauce was memorable! So good that I may try to duplicate the recipe.

DC and Avery

MJ and Avery

After dinner, I left MJ with her homework and drove 2 1/2 hours back to Corpus Christi.

Ten years ago I was driving to and from San Antonio once to twice every week while I was take classes at Oblate School of Theology. I did that for 6-7 years and am really glad I am not doing that now. I loved the instruction and learning, but I would not like to drive so much a decade later.

1 comment:

The Bug said...

Happy late birthday! That looks like it was a great day.

I just finished a book yesterday (Book 4 in the Tess Monaghan series by Laura Lippman - In Big Trouble) that was set in Austin & San Antonio - and the main character ate at Twin Sisters! She is a PI based in Baltimore, but in this particular book she headed to Texas.