Monday, October 31, 2011

Getting ready to go to Russia!

Sometimes I am feeling like I am going in all directions--with the trip to Russia beginning very early tomorrow morning!

My small suitcase, which weighs 10 lb. with nothing in it, is full to over-brimming, especially with the bulky gifts I am taking to my host family in Vologda. One of the items was a Thomas the Train Roundabout Station, which I had to order from Amazon as it could not be found here--it came in a huge box! I took that apart and have various pieces in my suitcase--unwieldy parts, especially the wooden/plastic roundabout track!

But a friend just loaned me a light-weight carry-on bag that is bigger than mine, and I can take my boots out of the other bag and put them in the carry-on case. Yay--now I have room for the jar of peanut butter and other stuff I am taking the family!

Please come back--I've pre-posted entries for every day of the trip. There will be cartoons, quotes and other items, plus where I'll be. I don't think I'll have access to a computer too often, but when I do, I'll post!

I'll be back (online) on Sunday, Nov. 13.

2 comments:

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

Have a brilliant time Jan. If you go to St Petersburg don't forget to take the river trip- it's brilliant.
Blessings

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Enjoy your trip! We want to hear all about it when you get back.