
Whew! I just spent over an hour filling out an on-line Visa application for Russia! It seemed very complicated and detailed. I called a Methodist minister in Austin three times for advice on questions.
I guess this is a good introduction to my next amazing trip: I am going on a mission trip to Russia with friends and clergy from the United Methodist Church! Many of the friends are members of the weekly Renovare Spiritual Formation Group that meets at my house every Friday morning. This is an interesting and beloved group of women.
We are going to visit Moscow, Vologda, and Saint Petersburg. The first and third locales are where we will visit sites and the mid-location is where we will meet with Russian Methodist clergy and talk with them about spiritual matters.
We will be gone for the first 12 days in November.
I am eagerly looking forward to this opportunity, especially because my new medication, the self-injected Humira, seems to be alleviating my RA symptoms. I am really glad that I seem to be having more energy and less pain.
3 comments:
How cool for you, Jan! Russia is some place I hope to visit someday. The history and architecture fascinate me.
I will be praying about your "talk" in Vologda.
Also rejoicing with you about the reduction of pain and increase of energy.
What a great trip to look forward to!
How exciting!
What an amazing trip you have planned. It's not that far away.
Post a Comment