Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Waiting

They Are Waiting (in Mesa, AZ)

This sculpture by Nnamdi Okonkwo of Orem, Utah portrays the emotions associated with waiting. The figures do not represent particular people, but humanity. The artist chose women because he likes the fluid lines and the simple, elegant shapes embodied in the female form. In the arrangement of these large, round shapes he finds his ideal of order, balance and beauty.

For more information on this much-commented-on sculpture, please click HERE.


I am waiting for MJ to call or email about her arrival in Spain. She is probably asleep--there, I hope.

~~I waited, but not in vain, because MJ emailed and posted on her blog. She arrived safely and has met some nice people who are also in the IES program. Orientation classes start on Wednesday morning for the 100+ students in this program.

1 comment:

Terri said...

So exciting that she has this opportunity and you get to share it with her! I look foward to hearing about her experiences.