Saturday, January 22, 2011

RevGal book recommendations


The most recent Friday Five for RevGalBlogPals was about book recommendations, mostly for mysteries. Below is the list of authors I am going to check out at my local library in the future. These were all recommended by other RevGalBlogPals. I have a list already printed for my next trip to the library!


1. Airth, Rennie

2. Atherton, Nancy

3. Beaton, M. C.

4. Blake, Michelle

5. Bolton, S. J.

6. Bowen, Rhys

7. Chevalier, Tracy

8. Cleverly, Barbara

9. Connelly, Michael

10. Deaver, Jeffrey

11. Evanovich, Janet

12. Fluke, Joanne

13. Fox, Catherine

14. Gardner, Lisa

15. Gregory, Philippa

16. Harris, C. S.

17. Hawthorne, Clare Langley

18. Isleib, Roberta

19. Joseph, Alison

20. Kerr, Judith

21. King, Laurie

22. Krueger, William Kent

23. Linscott, Gillian

24. Mann, Jessica

25. Maron, Margaret

26. Penny, Louise

27. Quinn, Spencer

28. Rabb, Jonathan

29. Reichs, Kathy

30. Ross, Kate

31. Scottoline, Lisa

32. Shardlake, Matthew

33. Stanton, Mary

34. Tey, Josephine

35. Wiener, Jennifer


Let me know if you have had any experience with any of these authors in the comments below, please?

1 comment:

concretegodmother said...

I love Laurie King! I've read everything she's published (I think!), and she's fabulous. If you're a Sherlock Holmes fan, you'll adore her Mary Russell series. Start with The Beekeeper's Apprentice. She advances the Holmesian world while remaining true to the originals. Her non-Holmes work is excellent and thought-provoking and intense and beautiful.

Jeffery Deaver is a good read, too. He likes to mess with the reader's mind; his books always feature masterful twists. I particularly like his Lincoln Rhyme series, which begins with The Bone Collector. (If you saw the movie, don't use it to judge.)

I'd like to read Kathy Reich's books someday, as I really like the show Bones, which is based on her books.